MUVA Property Gurus are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The data controller is MUVA Property Gurus, 63 Jermyn Street, London SW1Y 6LX.
1. The Information we collect and why we collect it
We collect information in the following ways:
MUVA Property Gurus collect data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our service.
You provide some of this data directly, such as when you fill in your details on a valuation request or viewing request form, or contact us for more information, or if you complete your details on a third party property site where we advertise on Rightmove, Zoopla, Prime Location or On The Market.
We receive some information by recording how you interact with our products by, for example, using technologies like cookies or IP address.
Why we collect cookies
Cookies are useful to us because they enable us, for example, to recognise you when you revisit our website to ensure we are delivering the best experience and to speed up searches. The Help function in your web browser shows you how to stop your browser from accepting, displaying or rejecting new cookies.
Our website uses the Google Analytics web analysis service. As a result, usage information that is generated by cookies is transferred to our server and stored for analysis purposes so that we can optimise our website. We also collect cookies to allow us to provide targeted online advertising for those who land on our website.
You may decide not to provide us with certain information, but this may mean you are unable to take advantage of some or all of our website's features.
2. How we store your Personal Data
The data we collect from you will be stored in MUVA Property Gurus's central databases, and may be transferred to third party software to allow us to contact you, and may vary depending on how you interact with us.
When you sign up to our site your data is stored in our central database as well as Email marketing software, Mailchimp, where marketing preferences can be updated by you from our marketing communications.
When you engage us in a transactional conversation - ie for information about buying or selling a home your data will be stored in our central database and our third party software, Reapit.
To access MyMUVA, you will have to set a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
3. How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We will not allow selected third parties to use your data unless we seek your express permission to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which you have shown an interest in.
4. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We will also have to disclose your information as part of our processes to third parties in the interests of completing a property transaction, and to perform the necessary credit and fraud checks. We will notify you of exactly what checks are to be performed with your data.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If MUVA Property Gurus or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- When you sign up to MyMUVA as a vendor or as an interested buyer, relevant information will be passed to the other party in order to complete viewings or on receipt of an offer. You can opt out of this information being passed within the platform.
5. How to access & update your information
To request details of the information we hold on you, to change your marketing preferences, update the information or to be deleted from our database, please contact email@example.com.